A truly complete conversion combining the T56 Magnum transmission with all of the correct matched parts that have been carefully selected and tested by Keisler for guaranteed quality and performance.
Drivetrain component selection and installation instruction and support is critical to get the job done right. Rest assured, buying from Keisler - the leader in manual transmission systems - is the first step in the best driving improvement you will make to your Camaro or Firebird.
1. TRANSMISSION - New TREMEC T-56 Magnum (700 HP/700 FT-LB):
- Shifter location very close to the original on your 1967-69 Camaro/Firebird or 1968-74 Nova, requires only minor trimming of your stock shifter opening.
- Muncie / Borg-Warner GM bolt pattern and input shaft configuration for direct bolt-in installation.
- Gear Ratios:
- Close Ratio: 2.66 1st, 1.78 2nd, 1.30 3rd, 1.00 4th, 0.80 5th; 0.63 6th
- Wide Ratio: 2.97 1st, 2.10 2nd, 1.46 3rd, 1.00 4th, 0.74 5th; 0.50 6th
- Low RPM Cruising - 37% or 50% drop in engine RPM in 6th gear (check out our Speed Analyzer)..
- Nation-Wide Parts & Service - Parts in-stock; service in-house.
2. CROSSMEMBER - Best on the market by providing maximum clearance for exhaust while offering an OE quality look; No-flex/No-problem rigid welded box construction design with integrated isolator perch and gusseted mounting flanges, gloss black epoxy powder paint; this is a far better product than the inexpensive bent tube type crossmembers seen elsewhere.
3. PILOT BEARING - Needle Roller Bearing for long life and high capacity.
4. ISOLATOR - Heavy-duty rubber isolator. Polyurethane upgrade available.
5. SPEEDOMETER CABLE & DRIVEN GEAR - Mechanical speedometer cable and correct driven gear PLUS integrated 2-wire electronic output included. Optional electronic wiring harness also available (for use with electronic speedometers or EFI).
6. WIRING HARNESSES - Easy coupling to factory wiring for reverse lights and reverse lock out.
7. DRIVE SHAFT - Lightweight high strength steel, automatic welded and computer dynamic balanced with premium solid sealed U-joints, painted satin black, certified and serialized. Built in-house on Hines driveshaft manufacturing cell for the ultimate in quality and craftsmanship!
8. SLIP YOKE - Heavy duty Spicer slip yoke.
9. INSTALLATION HARDWARE KIT - High strength Grade 5 and 8 fasteners, properly sorted, bagged and labeled for easy reference.
10. INSTALLATION MANUAL - Highly illustrated step-by-step instruction manual.
11. 1 YEAR WARRANTY - With a 2 year window to activate, allowing you ample time to build your dream car and get it on the road. Best Customer Support in the Industry.
100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed
- The best Customer and Tech Support in the industry
- Lifetime Tech Support from our premier experienced staff
Walt Reynolds - '68 Z28 Camaro
I probably should have done this a long time ago but here I go. I am the original owner of a 1968 Z/28 Camaro. It has about 25000 original street miles and over 8000 1/4 mile drag strip passes. It still has original paint and interior except the carpet has been replaced a few times. In 2006 I went on my first Hot Rod Magazine Drag Week. At the time, the car had a Super T10 4-speed and 4:56 gears. It was not very fun to drive 1000 miles at 4000rpms! In 2007 I installed my Keisler T56 and 5:14 gears for Drag Week. The transmission made it so much easier to drive in the highway. 75 mph was about 2200RPMS in 6TH (.50) For this years (2010) Drag Week I changed the rear gears to 5:57 which is the ratio I used back in the 70's. For Drag Week 2010 I had set three goals. Make the whole round trip, lift the front wheels off the gound (pull wheelies), and ET in the 11's. Well I made the first two which isn't too bad. My car is an original 302. It is set up like an NHRA stocker. It is .030 over with a Lunati RL302 stock eliminator cam, Manley Rods, original intake manifold and 4053 (780 CFM) Holley carb and Summers Brothers spool and axles. It launches at 7000 RPM and I power shift @ 7500 RPM. This year David Freiburger of Hot Rod asked me if I would have my car lettered like it was for the 1970 Winternationals and I said yes. Here are some picturesof the car both ways. I want to thank Keisler for the great kit. It was very easy to install and works fantastic. I think I want to check out the new clutchless model!
See more testimonials >
Robert Kostash - '69 Camaro RS Yenko Pro-Tour
The shop that completed the Pro-Tour project has used Keisler 5 speed and 6 speed kits numerous times...they were keen to do another Keisler TKO600 for my car. I also highlighted the progress through the winter on Pro-Touring.com. The car now drives just super, with the tight shifting Tremec. I just love the overdrive!